How to Develop Better Math Skill or Fluency
Maths is one subject where you can study it for hours but come out none the wiser. What it means is that, even if you have studied a lot but if you can’t solve any questions then it is practically useless. That being said, most of the students tend to feel solving math is an inborn skill and that it cannot be learnt or only geniuses can do it. But you might be wrong. Anyone can develop good math skills or fluency. You just need the right strategies. Besides, math is a skill that can be definitely improved upon with some practice as well as determination and the willingness to learn.
So getting better grades in math might not be that difficult. You just got to change your approach and start applying some of the tips that we are providing for you. Here are some quick steps to help you get better at solving mathematical equations and understanding core concepts.
- The first step that you need to take is not to get intimidated by maths. You should be confident and broaden your mind where the trick happens. If you think maths is hard in your mind then you will probably not get better at math.
- Once you have decided to study maths then it is important to understand the concepts rather than memorize them. It’s important to understand the “Why” part and not just the “How” part.
- Do not ignore homeworks. Doing assignments will help you practice and master the concepts taught in class.
- You should review your doubts or errors. Spending time on where you went wrong, analyzing it and coming out with a solution will help you get better at maths.
- You can also try and create a maths dictionary. You can create notes or flashcards that will help you remember important points and concepts.
- The next thing that you can do is apply maths to real world problems as much as possible. Start looking for a practical application like predicting some outcome of a game, measuring distance and time etc. It can help you a lot.
- Finally, it’s all about practice, practice and practice. Apart from your textbooks, you can find a lot of resources online these days. For example, website like BYJU’s provides a host of math solutions like NCERT solutions for class 7 maths, sample papers, questions and more which you can try and get better.
These are some methods you can apply and be better in your class. Students can subscribe to BYJU’S YouTube channel to learn about the different concepts or NCERT solutions for class 6 maths and more. You can also have a glimpse of how BYJU’S app is changing the way students learn.